· Must be energetic and convey a positive attitude
· Must have a solid work ethic
· Must have good communication skills, both written and oral
· Must know universal precautions procedures
· Must ensure the office environment is clean and safe
· Must be able to wipe counters, lift boxes, sweep and mop floors
· Must adhere to a schedule and follow directions
· Must be well organized, detailed oriented and able to take initiative
· Must be able to work independently and as a team member
· Must be flexible and able to multi-task
· Must be able to model professional behavior and appearance
· Must be able to work with people of various cultures and lifestyles
· Must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds
· Must be able to bend, reach, twist and turn
· Must be able to interact with staff and clients courteously
· Must respect and adhere to confidentiality policies for the agency and clients
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands, fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, bend and walk. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, or move objects up to 50 lbs. The employee must be able to work in small spaces. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The environment includes a clinical business office environment. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens, respiratory diseases and other infectious diseases, and other biohazardous material requires universal standard precautions. This position requires the individual to have their own transportation, a current unrestricted license to drive, documented auto insurance and the individual must be willing to work indoors, occasionally outdoors, close to others, and the community.
Perform the tasks required to maintain the facility in a clean and safe manner. Be prepared to respond to situations that may require the application of universal precautions. Report safety concerns and maintenance problems to the Associate Director.
The duties listed are primary functions of the job and are not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be called upon to perform other duties comparable to those listed.
· Dust, wash windows, clean sinks, and wipe down counters
· Cleans and maintains hard and soft surface floors. (Sweep, vacuum, or mop)
· Wipe down, waiting, break and conference rooms chairs, tables, door knobs, and light switches, disinfecting those surfaces.
· Empty/dispose of all trash and recycling. Deposit all waste in proper dumpster
· Clean, sanitizes, stock and deodorize restrooms during each shift and as needed
· Monitor supplies, report needed items to Associate Director
· Assist with snow removal, shoveling and spreading of sand/salt when necessary
· Ensure common areas are kept neat, clean and safe for employees and guests.
· Periodic scheduled cleaning of storage areas, service equipment rooms, and custodial closet
· Periodic scheduled cleaning of lighting fixtures, walls, furnishings, and appliances
· Scheduled preventative maintenance procedures and/or minor repairs which may include: changing bulbs, clearing drains, and clearing plugged toilets
· Assists in moving material, supplies, equipment, etc.
· Post caution signs when needed
· Maintain daily work schedule and log
· Maintain tidy workroom
· Respond promptly to requests from departments
· Contact vendors or contractors directly for urgent repairs
· Identify and report safety hazards, preventative or other maintenance issues to the Associate Director
· Perform other duties, as assigned