Westbay Community Action, Inc. is looking to hire a Full Time Case Manager in our Certified Lead Center. This case manager will be responsible for assisting families of referred or “lead poisoned children” to achieve a safe, healthy and lead free lifestyle by developing and implementing a care plan that improves their immediate and long-term standard of living. The successful candidate will establish relationships with community partners to better advocate for clients’ needs and connect them to appropriate services in the community. This is a full time (37.5 hr/week) position with a rate of pay of $16.00/hour.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field required
- 1 year experience in working with families
- Pass a BCI clearance
PHYSICAL EFFORT / ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform vital functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands, fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The environment consists of a clinical business office environment, client’s homes, and community-based organizations. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens, respiratory diseases and other infectious diseases, and other biohazardous material requires universal standard precautions. This position requires the individual to have their own transportation, a current unrestricted license to drive, documented auto insurance and the individual must be willing to work in client’s homes and the community.
The duties listed below are the primary functions of the job and are not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be called upon to perform other duties comparable to those cited.
• Engage available family and community support systems if available
• Determine client eligibility for services and assist clients in completing applications
• Generate and follow up on the referrals, coordinating services with other community resources
• Participate in client conferences
• Conduct home visits as needed
• Provide follow-up services, monitor client progress and amend the plan as needed
• Prepare and maintain accurate client records
• Prepare data and enter into agency’s data system
• Attend training and meetings as required
• Educate the general community about the services of Westbay
• Participate in public policy forums whenever possible
• Provide reports as required