The Adult Education Academy offers a wide range of services to prepare students for their GED / High School Equivalency, leading to employment and post-secondary education / training. Our program promotes a positive learning environment. The teachers recognize each individual’s goals, learning style, and experience. Students also receive case management services, empowering them to succeed in school and work.
GED / Adult Basic Education (ABE) Skills preparation
- Career counseling and exploration including work readiness components
- Academic course work including reading, writing, math and computer literacy for employment and training
- Administer ACCUPLACER (A college entrance exam)
- Intensive case management
- SNAP Education & Training
- Project Opportunity program
RI Works / Teen & Family Development
- Case management and supportive services provided to increase self sufficiency through education and/or employment to DHS-referred participants
Real Skills for Youth
- Academic and summer cohorts introducing career exploration and work readiness skills to youth ages 16-24
- Junior Achievement Certificate
- Stipend upon completion
Westbay Adult Education Academy carefully screens potential students. In order to qualify, each student must attend an information session, test for educational level, and meet with a Westbay case manager. Call to begin the process.
A valid photo ID is required to take the GED test.