The VITA program provides free basic tax preparation for qualifying households. Returns are prepared by trained and certified volunteers and filed using IRS e-file. Tax return preparation is available from late January until the end of tax season. Call to schedule an appointment.
Read more about VITA on the IRS website.
VITA is currently open.
Free tax preparation is available for most households earning $56,000 or less.
What to Bring
- Photo ID for you and your spouse (e.g. driver’s license)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- All income statements (W-2s, 1098s, and 1099s)
- Information for all deductions and credits
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Bank account information for direct deposit of refund